Air fryer s'mores will become your new go to dessert. They're quick, easy, and oh so gooey. With luscious melted chocolate, sticky, gooey marshmallows, and sweet, crunchy graham crackers- there's no reason your favorite outdoor dessert can't be an all year round event.
Did you know that you can make your favorite campfire treat without an open fire? That's right, indoor s'mores are the way to go, and making them in the air fryer is ridiculously easy. With a 5 minute cooking time and 4 simple ingredients, you can have an easy dessert that everyone will love.
I've always loved s'mores since I first made them at 6 years old with one of my longest friends, Lauren. I remember standing on her porch roasting marshmallows for the first time and my mind just being blown at how incredibly delicious they are. So now, any time I eat one, I always think back to that happy night.
Thankfully, I can remember that night any time I want because this air fryer s'mores recipe is seriously so easy! In just 5 minutes you can have indoor s'mores with melty chocolate, gooey marshmallows, and crunchy graham crackers. So go ahead and whip up this easy dessert and transport yourself back to that first memory of biting into a yummy s'more.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- Simple, quick treat
- Only 3-4 ingredients
- Your favorite campfire treat can be made indoors
- Melted chocolate, gooey marshmallow, crunchy cracker- need I say more?
INGREDIENTS FOR AIR FRYER S'MORES
- Graham Crackers: Personally, I like the honey flavored ones, but any will work
- Marshmallows: You can use regular marshmallows or mini marshmallows. I used the s'more sized ones and they were super fun but a bit too big
- Chocolate: My favorite is Hershey's milk chocolate, but any chocolate bar will work
- Peanut butter: This is used to secure the marshmallows to the graham cracker so the hot air doesn't blow them around. (see below for how to do it without peanut butter)
HOW TO MAKE S'MORES IN THE AIR FRYER
- Start by getting everything prepared. Break your graham crackers in half, chop your chocolate bar into pieces, and pull out the marshmallows and peanut butter
- Use a knife or spatula to spread about ½ teaspoon of peanut butter (or more if desired) onto one half of a graham cracker. Repeat until half of the graham crackers are used
- Place the halves with peanut butter into your air fryer basket and then top with a marshmallow. Cook at 370 degrees f for 4-5 minutes, or until the marshmallows are golden brown
- Once toasted, place a piece of chocolate on top of the marshmallows, followed by the other half of the graham cracker
- Place the basket back into your air fryer and let the residual heat melt the chocolate. This is about 1-2 minutes
- Use a flat spatula to take the air fryer smores out of the basket and enjoy immediately
HOW TO MAKE THEM WITHOUT PEANUT BUTTER
If you have a nut allergy, or simply don't want the peanut butter, here's a simple way to make them without it:
- Cut the large marshmallows in half
- Place the sticky side of the marshmallow onto half of the graham cracker
- Put your s'mores into the air fryer basket and cook at 370 degrees F for 4-5 minutes, until golden brown
- Top with chocolate, the other half of graham cracker, and let the residual heat melt the chocolate
WHAT KIND OF CHOCOLATE IS BEST?
I always use Hershey's Milk Chocolate bar, but HU has some great dark chocolate options. I also listed some more fun chocolate ideas below, so be sure to check them out.
Sorry, I love a good pun 🙂 Anyway, here's some more ideas of different s'mores to try!
- Reese's peanut butter cups
- Cookies and cream bars
- Dark chocolate
- Crunch bar
- Kit Kats
- Chocolate chips
- Milk chocolate bar
- Strawberry flavored
- Chocolate filled
- Peeps (great way to use up leftover Easter candy)
*I don't recommend either jumbo marshmallows or s'more sized because they're too big*
- Honey graham crackers
- Cinnamon graham crackers
- Chocolate graham crackers
- Gluten free graham crackers
- Chocolate chip cookie
- Peanut butter
- Almond butter
- Caramelized bananas
- Sliced strawberries
- Times will vary based on different air fryer models
- Keep a close eye when the marshmallows are cooking, you don't want them to burn
- If you're making the s'mores without peanut butter and any of the marshmallow halves blow off, just quickly put them back on so they don't melt to the basket
- The residual heat in the air fryer will melt your chocolate squares in 1-2 minutes
- Use a rubber spatula to remove the s'mores
S'mores don't really make a good treat to save. I recommend just making the amount you need, but if there are leftovers you can keep them in an airtight container for a few hours.
As long as you only use a large marshmallow, it shouldn't spill over onto the basket so you won't have a big mess. But if it would make you feel better, you could line it with parchment paper or aluminum foil. (both are air fryer safe)
Did you make these amazing Air Fryer S'mores? If you did, I would greatly appreciate you leaving a comment and star rating down below. Additionally, you can follow me on Instagram and tag me if you make these or any other of my easy air fryer recipes.Print
Air Fryer S'mores
Air fryer s'mores mean that your favorite campfire treat can be made all year round. With melty chocolate, gooey marshmallows, and crunchy graham crackers- this 5 minute treat is a hit with both kids and adults.
- Prep Time: 2 Minutes
- Cook Time: 6 minutes
- Total Time: 8 minutes
- Yield: 6 Servings 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 6 graham cracker sheets
- 1 ½ Hershey milk chocolate bar ( I use 2 squares but use more or less as you please)
- 6 regular size marshmallows
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- Start by getting everything prepared. Break your graham crackers in half, chop your chocolate bar into squares, and pull out the marshmallows and peanut butter
- Using a knife or spatula, spread about ½ teaspoon of peanut butter (or more if desired) onto one half of a graham cracker. Repeat until 6 halves have peanut butter on them
- Place the halves with peanut butter into your air fryer basket and top each one with a marshmallow.
- Cook at 370 degrees F for 4-5 minutes, or until the marshmallows are golden brown
- Once toasted, place your chocolate on top of the marshmallows, followed by the other half of the graham cracker
- Place the basket back into your air fryer and let the residual heat melt the chocolate for 1 minute.
- Use a flat rubber spatula to take the air fryer smores out of the basket and enjoy immediately
- See post for how to make them without peanut butter
- Use more or less chocolate, that is just a recommendation
- Cooking time will vary based on air fryer model
- Have fun and try different variations
- S'mores don't store well, so only make what you need in the moment. You can always make more later
Keywords: how to make smores in the air fryer, indoor smore recipes, can I make smores in the air fryer