Hey there, I’m Nicole! Glad you're here, here's a little information about me!
Welcome to my kitchen, I’m so happy you’re here! Whether it’s my personal life, time with friends, or being in the kitchen, I like to keep things SWEET. So here you’ll find a fun mix of those classic baked goods we all know and love, as well as those with an delicious allergy-friendly twist.
I was born, raised, and still live 10 minutes from the beach in New Jersey where fresh produce and seafood are staples. While both ingredients have greatly influenced my cooking style, my favorite thing to use is freshly picked produce. There is nothing better than grabbing ripe, Jersey berries and baking up something delicious. (like this gluten free strawberry crisp!)
Well, enough about food for now. (though there's plenty of recipes on my site if that's what you came for!)
So, in addition to being a beach bum, I am also a food blogger, recipe developer, food photographer, and self-taught baker! I grew up on a steady diet of Food Network, Cake Boss, and experimenting in the kitchen. Although I originally wanted to be a professional cake decorator, I think my job now is much more suited to my personality 🙂
I absolutely love being in the kitchen creating and showing other people I care through the things I bake, which is why I started this blog. It originally was just a hobby, but now it’s my full time job! It makes me so happy to share recipes and photos of desserts with you, that my family and I are also enjoying!
Speaking of enjoying, that is definitely my focus with the desserts I’m going to be sharing. My history with food and eating hasn’t always been the easiest, ages 17-19 looked very sad. God truly saved my life during that time, and while I don’t want to get into too much detail, my Instagram dms and email are always open to anyone who has questions or needs support.
I’m not a professional, and still get tripped up, but I can confidently say that I am one billion percent in a better mindset than I was. With all that being said, the sweets, treats, and snacks you’ll find on my blog will be ones that will make your soul dance with joy- because that's what food should do!
On a lighter note, here’s a few facts about me!
- I'm 23 years old
- I’ve recently been promoted to AUNT! And my nephew is absolutely perfect. Big fact.
- I've never been to school a day in my life. I was homeschooled K-college (then dropped out of college- sorry Mom)
- I danced for 13 years (4 competitively!)
- My dog, Kenya, is a Karelian Bear Dog- "What's that?" is a common response after I tell people (also have a border collie, Paxton, who is ridiculously adorable)
- I LOVE being in the water, and water sports are a daily occurrence in the summer months
- I live in a tourist town- dead in the winter packed in the summer
- Country music is my favorite! Luke Combs, Riley Green, even a little George Strait
- Though I LOVE baking, I actually prefer salty to sweet...except if it’s cookie dough. But carrots and hummus or popcorn are my current favorites
- I don't LOVE chocolate- controversial I know, but white chocolate is where it's at. (don’t worry, there will be some chocolate recipes I’ll be sharing)
- My dream life is me, married, running my blog as a successful business, and living on a farm in South Carolina with 5 kids and a couple animals
- I don’t like wearing shoes, and never have. I drive, walk outside, and even go into stores barefoot sometimes...it drives my mom crazy, but like I said before- I like things simple;)
Well, I think that pretty much sums up most of what you should know about me! I’m so glad you took the time to get to know me a little, and I hope you stick around, subscribe to my email list so you never miss a recipe, or also follow me on Instagram to get to know me on a more personal level.
Thanks for coming into my kitchen, it would make me so happy to know that the recipes I share on here are ones that you and your family and friends are making and enjoying. Happy cooking!