Hey there, I’m Nicole! Glad you're here, here's a little information about me!
Welcome to my kitchen, I’m so happy you’re here! Whether it’s my personal life, with friends, or in the kitchen, I like to keep things SIMPLE. So here you’ll find both sweet and savory recipes made as simple as possible! I like focusing on healthy recipes, made with wholesome ingredients that will leave you feeling good. It’s real food, real ingredients, made real simple.
I was born and raised 10 minutes from the beach in New Jersey where fresh produce and seafood are staples, both ingredients have greatly influenced my cooking style, and my favorite recipes combine them into a delicious meal! (think shrimp taco salad, grilled mahi with roasted veggies, and crab cakes!) While I would be more than happy to live off of seafood and vegetables, I do have a small soft spot for snacks...ok a big soft spot for snacks. Granola, popcorn, pretzels, carrots and hummus, oh! and cookie dough. All favorites!
Well, enough about that for now. So, in addition to being a beach bum, I am also a food blogger, recipe developer, food photographer, and self-taught cook! I grew up on a steady diet of Food Network, Cake Boss, and experimenting in the kitchen. I originally wanted to be a professional cake decorator, but I think my job now is much more suited to my personality 🙂 I absolutely love being in the kitchen creating and showing other people I care through the things I make, which is why I started this blog. It originally was just a hobby, but now it’s my full time job! It makes me so happy to share recipes and photos of meals and treats that I use to nourish myself and my family with.
Speaking of nourishing, that is definitely my focus with the recipes I’m going to be sharing. My history with food and eating hasn’t always been the easiest, ages 17-19 looked very sad. God truly saved my life during that time, and while I don’t want to get into too much detail, my Instagram dms and email are always open to anyone who has questions or needs support. I’m not a professional, and still get tripped up, but I can confidently say that I am one billion percent in a better mindset than I was. With all that being said, meals, treats, and snacks you’ll find on my blog will be ones that will make you feel good about what you’re putting in your body, knowing that with every bite you take you’re nourishing and taking care of yourself.
On a lighter note, here’s a few facts about me!
- I'm 22 years old
- I’ve most recently been promoted to AUNT! And my nephew is absolutely perfect. Big fact.
- I've never been to school a day in my life. I was homeschooled K-college (then dropped out of college- sorry Mom)
- I danced for 13 years (4 competitively!)
- My dog, Kenya, is a Karelian Bear Dog- "What's that?" is a common response after I tell people
- I LOVE being in the water, and water sports are a daily occurrence in the summer months
- I live in a tourist town- dead in the winter packed in the summer
- Country music is my favorite! Luke Combs, Riley Green, even a little George Strait
- I prefer salty snacks to sweet ones...except if it’s cookie dough. But carrots and hummus is my current favorite!
- I don't LOVE chocolate- controversial I know, but white chocolate is where it's at. (don’t worry, there will be some chocolate recipes I’ll be sharing)
- My dream life is me, married, running my blog as a successful business, and living on a farm in South Carolina with 5 kids and a couple animals
- I don’t like wearing shoes, and never have. I drive, walk outside, and even go into stores barefoot sometimes...it drives my mom crazy, but like I said before- I like things simple;)
Well, I think that pretty much sums up most of what you should know about me! I’m so glad you took the time to get to know me a little, and I hope you stick around, subscribe to my email list so you never miss a recipe, or also follow me on Instagram to get to know me on a more personal level.
Thanks for coming into my kitchen, it would make me so happy to know that the recipes I share on here are ones that you and your family and friends are making and enjoying. Happy cooking!