Halloween M&M Cookies
These Halloween M&M Cookies are a fun, spooky twist on my small batch M&M cookies. They're soft, chewy, and loaded with Halloween M&Ms. This one bowl, no-chill cookie recipe takes 30 minutes and is great to bake for a last minute treat!
- Author: Nicole Radcliffe
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 10 Cookies 1x
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 113g butter- melted (1 stick)
- 145g light brown sugar (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 large egg- room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 170g all purpose flour (about 1 1/3 cups)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 150g Halloween M&Ms (3/4 cup)
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the butter. Let it cool for 5 minutes
- While the butter is cooling, preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cooled butter and brown sugar and mix until well combined.
- Next, add the egg and vanilla extract to the butter/sugar mixture and again, mix well.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt to the wet ingredients and gently mix until just combined and no traces of flour remain.
- Pour the Halloween M&Ms on top of the cookie dough and use a rubber spatula to fold them in until evenly distributed.
- Use a large cookie scoop (about 2 tablespoons) to scoop your cookie dough out onto parchment lined baking sheet, leaving 2 inches between each cookie
- Place a few extra M&Ms on top of each ball of dough, then bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the edges are slightly golden brown.
- Carefully take the baking sheet out of the oven and allow the Halloween cookies to cool on it for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling completely.
- Use room temperature ingredients: This is key if you want a smooth dough that mixes together easily!
- Measure properly: I've listed the ingredients in grams so that you can accurately measure. Volume measurements can vary greatly, so weight is the best way to go.
- Don't over mix: You only need to mix until the dry ingredients are fully combined. If you over mix the dough, the cookies will turn out tough and dense instead of chewy.
- Bake on parchment paper: To prevent the cookies from sticking to the sheet tray, I like to bake on parchment paper.
- Use an oven thermometer: The temperatures in ovens can vary SO much. It's best if you use an oven thermometer so you can get an accurate baking time every time you bake.
- Add extra M&Ms on top: For a real bakery quality look, add a few M&Ms on top of the dough balls before you bake them.
- Storing: Keep leftover cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days.
Keywords: Halloween Cookies, Cookies with Halloween M&Ms, Halloween M&M cookies