If you're looking for the perfect summer side dish, look no further than this cucumber salad! It's a bright and refreshing salad that will stand out at your next BBQ. Made with just a few simple ingredients and ready in minutes, dinner time never looked so good. The fresh cucumber is mixed with juicy tomatoes, sweet red onions, and a super simple dressing that will have your mouth watering. Pair it with grilled chicken or a loaded burger for a balanced summer meal.
We're all looking for more ways to up our veggie intake, especially in the summer.' But let's be honest, most times eating vegetables can be lackluster when there's all those delicious summer treats tempting us. So, how can we make eating healthy exciting? How about balancing delicious, fresh flavors with a super yummy dressing in a recipe that takes under 10 minutes to prepare? That sounds good to me, and that's what I achieved in the healthy cucumber salad.
Fresh, crisp cucumbers, tomatoes, and red onions get tossed in a slightly sweet, addictive vinaigrette for a unforgettable dish that will steal the show at any party. I guarantee friends and family will keep coming back for more. So, who's ready to make it?
Why you will love this Easy Cucumber Salad:
- 5 ingredients
- 10 minutes to prepare
- Light and fresh
- Family friendly
- Yummy way to get in those extra veggies!
Cucumber: I prefer to use English cucumbers because they're so crisp
Tomatoes: They add a yummy burst of acidity to this salad
Red onion: I prefer red onions because they're the best for eating raw
White vinegar: This makes up the base of the dressing
Monkfruit: The sweetness helps to balance all the acidity in this dish
Spices: Salt, pepper, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes aid in seasoning this salad to perfection
Lemon juice: Just a squeeze over top for boost of brightness
How to make Easy Cucumber Salad
- Prepare your ingredients. Cut the cucumber very thinly and dice the tomatoes and onions.
2. Add all the vegetables to a large bowl, and prep the dressing. For the dressing, whisk white vinegar, monkfruit, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes together.
3. Pour dressing over top and stir everything together.
4. Squeeze lemon juice over top then place in fridge to chill for at least 20 minutes.
- English cucumbers are best because they're so crunchy
- Be sure to cut cucumbers very thinly! They absorb more flavor and are easier to eat
- You can substitute the red onion with a white onion if that's all you have
- Use plain white sugar in place of the monkfruit if you don't have it
- This cucumber salad is best if it's able to sit in the fridge for at least 20 minutes before eating it, but even better the longer it sits
- Serve it chilled! Please, I beg of you don't serve warm cucumber salad'
- How long can I store the cucumber salad? You can save it in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to a week.
- I can't find English cucumbers... That's totally fine! You can use any cucumber you have on hand, they're just my personal favorite:)
- I don't have white vinegar, is there another vinegar I can use? You can use apple cider vinegar instead, but it will change the flavor slightly because it's not neutral like white vinegar.
- How long in advance can I make the cucumber salad? I would say you can make it one to two days in advance.
Hope you enjoy this healthy cucumber salad as much as my family and I do. Be sure to leave a comment down below if you make it, tag me on Instagram (@coleinthekitchen) or Pin the recipe to Pinterest! Thank you and enjoy!Print
Easy Cucumber Salad
This cucumber salad is an easy recipe that's bright, refreshing, and flavorful. Perfect to take and share at a summer BBQ!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 2 people 1x
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: American
- 2 Cups Thinly sliced cucumber
- ¼ Cup Diced red onion
- ¼ Cup Diced tomato
- ¼ Cup White vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon Monkfruit (or sugar)
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Black pepper
- ¼ Teaspoon Garlic powder
- ¼ Teaspoon Red pepper flakes
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Thinly slice cucumber and place into a medium sized bowl
- Finely dice onion and add it to cucumbers
- Dice the tomato and add it as well
- In a liquid measuring cup whisk together the white vinegar, monkfruit, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes. Pour dressing over the vegetables and stir well.
- Chill the cucumber salad for at least 20 minutes before eating
- When you're ready to eat, squeeze a little bit of lemon juice over top of the salad and enjoy!
- You can use any type of cucumber, I just prefer English cucumbers
- Apple cider vinegar is a good substitute for white vinegar
- Use sugar in place of the Monkfruit
- Adjust seasoning as needed
- Calories: 35
Keywords: cucumber, cucumbersalad, salad, sidedish