SIMPLE VANILLA GLAZE: In a small mixing bowl, whisk together 1/2 cup powdered sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, a pinch of salt, and 2-3 tablespoons of non-dairy milk. Spoon over cooled muffins and let harden.
- High quality flour: Whenever I'm baking I like to use a good quality flour, like King Arthur. It always delivers delicious baked goods and isn't clumpy like other brands.
- Quality spices: Just like the flour, spices are something I'm picky about because they can make or break a recipe. I like to use quality spices for the BEST flavor possible. (quality doesn't always mean expensive, I usually buy store brand and found they have better flavor than name brands!)
- Don't overmix: When combining the dry and wet ingredients together, don't overmix them. You want to fold the batter just until there are no traces of flour so you end up with light and fluffy muffins.
- Grate your carrots: Don't rely on pre-shredded carrots from the store, they don't add enough moisture. I like to peel and grate my own carrots, it's an extra step but it's worth it.
- Use paper liners: I highly suggest lining your muffin tin with paper liners so that your carrot cake muffins don't stick.
- Storing: Keep any leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days.