Frozen sweet potato fries in air fryer are an easy 10 minute side dish or appetizer. They're easy, fast, and a much healthier alternative to deep fried fries. If you love this recipe, check out my healthy air fryer sweet potato cubes, air fryer potato skins, and air fryer pigs in a blanket!
- The Best Frozen Sweet Potato Fries In The Air Fryer
- Why You'll Love This Recipe
- Ingredients Needed To Make Frozen Sweet Potato Fries In Air Fryer
- How To Make Air Fryer Frozen Sweet Potato Fries
- Dipping Sauces For Sweet Potato Fries
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Why Are My Frozen Sweet Potato Fries Not Crispy Once Air Fried?
- Expert Tips
- Storing and Reheating Instructions
- Air Fryer Frozen Sweet Potato Fries
- CHECK OUT LATEST POSTS
The Best Frozen Sweet Potato Fries In The Air Fryer
You are in the right place if you're looking for the best recipe for making frozen sweet potato fries! My my method of cooking them in the air fryer takes just 10 minutes and results in crisp, healthy fries every time.
This recipe is much healthier that traditional, deep-fried fries, and actually no oil is needed at all! (though a small amount does help to make these extra delicious)
You can serve these tasty frozen sweet potato fries with your favorite dipping sauce (I like buffalo!) alongside homemade turkey burgers or BBQ chicken wings. This is a quick, healthy side dish that the whole family is going to love!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- It makes an easy side dish or a healthy snack
- You need a fraction of the oil that deep frying requires
- Takes about half of the time in the air fryer than baking in the oven
- You get extra crispy fries with less excess oil
- They can be cooked right from frozen, meaning no chopping or thawing
Ingredients Needed To Make Frozen Sweet Potato Fries In Air Fryer
- Frozen Sweet Potato Fries: I really like Alexia brand, but any that your grocery store carries will work
- Olive oil spray and seasoning: These are totally optional! Plain fries are delicious, but sometimes spicing things up is fun
How To Make Air Fryer Frozen Sweet Potato Fries
- Pull your sweet potato fries out of the freezer and pour them in a single layer into your air fryer basket (you may have to do 2 batches)
- Put the basket into your air fryer and cook at 380 degrees F for 10-12 minutes, shaking halfway through
- Take the first batch of fries out of the basket and repeat with the remaining sweet potato fries if needed
- Once they're all cooked, serve with your favorite sauce and enjoy
Dipping Sauces For Sweet Potato Fries
Frequently Asked Questions
These frozen fries cook for 10-12 minutes in the air fryer.
Yes, this method will work with most frozen fries, you just may have to adjust the cook time a little.
No, you want to put them in frozen for best results.
I like the Alexia sweet potato fries, but I've heard good things about both Trader Joes brand as well as Ore-Ida.
You can toss the frozen fries in a large bowl with a little bit of oil and whatever seasoning you'd like. Then air fry as listed in the directions.
Why Are My Frozen Sweet Potato Fries Not Crispy Once Air Fried?
If your fries aren't crispy, there might have been too many in the basket which wouldn't allow the hot air to circulate. You only want a single layer in the bottom of the air fryer basket so the hot air can circulate around them so you get delicious fries that are crispy on all sides.
If you want to get really crispy fries, spritz them lightly with cooking spray before air frying and add an extra minute or two to the cooking time. Just watch how much time you add because you don't want them to burn.
- Use them right out of the freezer, there's no need to defrost
- Don't overcrowd the basket, you want to allow the hot air to circulate so they get crispy
- Cook in two batches if needed
- Season with your favorite spices before air frying to add more flavor
- These are best served fresh, so don't make them ahead of time
Storing and Reheating Instructions
STORING: You can store any leftover sweet potato fries in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
REHEATING: Place the fries in a single layer in your air fryer basket, spray lightly with cooking spray, and cook at 380 degrees F for 4-5 minutes, or until crispy again.
Did you make frozen sweet potato fries in the air fryer? If you did, I would greatly appreciate you leaving a comment and star rating down below. Additionally, you can follow me on Instagram and tag me if you make these or any other of my easy air fryer recipes.
*Post was updated March 6, 2023 to include clearer instructions and more tips and tricks*Print
Air Fryer Frozen Sweet Potato Fries
Frozen sweet potato fries in the air fryer are incredible! They're crispy, easy, and so delicious. They make a perfect side dish or healthy snack the whole family will love.
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
- 12 ounces frozen sweet potato fries
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1-2 teaspoons of your favorite seasoning blend
- Pull your sweet potato fries out of the freezer and pour them in a single layer into your air fryer basket (do not over crowd it, you may have to do 2 batches)
- Place the basket into your air fryer and cook at 380 degrees F for 10-12 minutes, shaking halfway through
- Use tongs to pull them out of the basket, serve with your favorite sauce and enjoy
- Use them right out of the freezer, don't defrost
- Make sure they're in a single layer to maximum crispiness
- Cook in two batches if needed
- Season with your favorite blend, just don't add salt
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days
Keywords: how to cook frozen fries in the air fryer, can I air fry frozen fries, Alexia frozen sweet potato fries in air fryer