Baked Chicken Leg Quarters
This simple recipe for Baked Chicken Leg Quarters is bound to become a new favorite. You need just a few ingredients to cook perfectly juicy chicken with crispy skin in 45 minutes. This cut of chicken is hearty, tender, and so delicious when roasted!
- Author: Nicole Radcliffe
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 2 Servings 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 2 large chicken leg quarters
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F
- In a small mixing bowl stir together olive oil with the salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper.
- Place the chicken leg quarters into a 9x13 inch baking dish and pat the skin dry with a paper towel. Use a pastry brush to generously brush the seasoned olive oil over the entire outside of the chicken
- Once fully coated in oil, place the chicken into the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 180 degrees F
- Take the baking dish out of the oven and let the chicken rest for 10 minutes before serving
- Pat the chicken dry: Use a paper towel to pat the outside of the leg quarters dry before seasoning. That will ensure you end up with the crispiest skin
- Don't skimp on the oil: Using enough oil is what's going to give you that beautiful golden brown, crispy skin
- Overbake?: Hear me out, the dark meat can handle the extra heat and by baking the leg quarters until 180 degrees F, the connective tissue breaks down and leaves you with more tender meat.
- Meal prep: This cut of meat is packed with protein and stays good for up to 5 days, making it an excellent choice for meal prepping.
- Storing: You can keep leftover leg quarters in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Keywords: chicken leg quarters in oven, oven baked chicken leg quarters, baked leg quarters