These Quick 15 Minute Air-Fryer Brussels Sprouts are my new favorite way to eat them! Quick, easy, crispy, spicy, all the good things found on one humble brussels sprout. This recipe is so healthy, made with whole, natural ingredients, so easy, takes not even 10 minutes or prep, and SO delicious. You’ll be making these 15 minute brussels sprouts on repeat!
WHAT ARE QUICK 15 MINUTE AIR-FRYER BRUSSELS SPROUTS?
Quick 15 minute air-fryer brussels sprouts are the delicious, healthy side dish that you need in your life right now. The brussels sprouts are seasoned in a sweet and spicy blend of maple syrup and chili powder, air-fried to crispy perfection, and enjoyed alongside your favorite meal. I like to pair mine with these turkey meatballs or chicken marsala! They’re healthy, quick, and yummy, what more could you ask for?
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS HEALTHY 15 MINUTE RECIPE
- Quick and Easy
- Delicious, healthy side dish for any meal
- Sweet and spicy flavor from the maple syrup and the chili powder
- Leaves get crunchy and turn into a chip-like texture!
- Easy clean up, only one bowl and an air-fryer needed
INGREDIENTS NEEDED TO MAKE MAPLE CHILI BRUSSELS SPROUTS
- Brussels Sprouts: Smaller brussels sprouts tend to be sweeter, so buy them if you can find them
- Maple Syrup: Use pure maple syrup, not artificial
- Chili Powder: I like to use dark chili powder because it has a deeper flavor than regular chili powder
- Salt and Pepper: Crucial spices for any recipe, just to boost flavor
HOW TO MAKE NO OIL AIR FRYER BRUSSELS SPROUTS
- Pre-heat your air-fryer to 370 degrees F
- Prepare the brussels sprouts by slicing off the bottom stem and cutting them in half length-wise
- Add the brussels sprouts to a large bowl and season with maple syrup, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Use a spatula to ensure everything is coated
- Pour the bowl of seasoned brussels sprouts into the pre-heated air-fryer basket and fry them for 5 minutes
- After the first 5 minutes is up, remove the basket and shake them around. Return the basket to the air-fryer and cook for another 5 minutes.
- When those 5 minutes are up, check the brussels sprouts. They should be cooked through and have crispy leaves. If not, cook them for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Turn the cooked sprouts out onto a serving dish and enjoy!
HOW TO ROAST IN THE OVEN
If you don’t have an air-fryer you can also roast this healthy side dish in the oven! To do that you just need to follow a few simple steps:
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Prepare the brussels sprouts the same way as listed above in steps 2-3
- Turn out the bowl of seasoned sprouts onto the prepared baking sheet and arrange them so they’re in a single layer
- Place the baking sheet into the pre-heated oven and roast for 35-40 minutes, or until the brussels sprouts are tender and cooked through
- Serve along side your favorite meal and enjoy!
HOW TO STORE AND REHEAT BRUSSELS SPROUTS
- To store these quick and healthy brussels sprouts keep them in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
I would recommend reheating these brussels sprouts in the air-fryer or on the stove:
- To do them in the air-fryer- Heat it to 350 degrees F and add the brussels sprouts. Cook them for about 5 minutes and check on them. If they’re not hot yet cook them till they’re heated through in 2 minute increments.
- For the stove- In a large sautee pan add a little bit of oil and let it heat up over medium-low heat. Add the brussels sprouts to the hot pan and stir them around with a wooden spoon or spatula until they’re heated through.
- Use small brussels sprouts if you can find them. They tend to be sweeter, while the larger ones have more of a cabbage taste
- Make sure you’re using pure maple syrup and not artificial
- I like using dark chili powder rather then regular. Dark tends to have a deeper flavor because the chilis have been roasted
- Be sure to pre-heat your air-fryer before using it to fry the brussels sprouts, or else the timing will be different
Did you make this recipe? If you did, I’d really appreciate if you could leave a rating and comment down below. You can also tag me on Instagram @coleinthekitchen so I can see your creation.Print
Quick 15 Minute Air-Fryer Brussels Sprouts
These 15 minute air-fryer brussels sprouts are your new favorite side dish! Quick and easy, sweet and spicy, crisp and tender, all the good things found in one humble brussels sprout. Make and enjoy these alongside your favorite meal for a healthy, balanced plate!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10-12 minutes
- Total Time: 15-17 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Air-fryer
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts
- 1/4 cup Pure maple syrup
- 4 teaspoons Chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- Preheat air-fryer to 370 degrees F
- To prepare brussels sprouts, chop off the bottom stem and cut them in half
- Add the halved sprouts into a large bowl, and pour over maple syrup, chili powder, salt, and pepper
- Stir everything together and make sure the brussels sprouts are well seasoned
- Add the seasoned sprouts to the basket of your preheated air-fryer and cook them for 5 minutes
- After 5 minutes, take the basket out, shake the brussels sprouts around, and return the basket to the air-fryer to cook for another 5 minutes
- When those 5 minutes are up, take the basket out, shake it again and cook the brussels sprouts for another 2-3 minutes
- Turn the air-fried brussels sprouts out into a serving dish and enjoy!
*calories calculated are an estimate based on ingredients listed and 4 servings*
- Try and find smaller brussels sprouts
- Pre-heat your air-fryer before frying the brussels sprouts
- Use pure maple syrup
- Store in and air-tight container for up to 5 days
- Reheat in the air-fryer or on the stove (see post for instructions)
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 103
Keywords: air fried brussels sprouts, no-oil brussels sprouts, quick side dish